PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA POLICY
This Statement applies to RIPER (referred to as “RIPER” or “we”).
In this Statement, the term “data subjects” or “you” shall include visitors to this website, users of RIPER Chatbot, applicants for loan facilities and customers of loan facilities.
The content of this Statement shall apply to all data subjects and form part of the terms and conditions of the Loan Agreement and/or any agreement or arrangement that the data subjects have or may enter into with RIPER from time to time. In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between this Statement and the relevant agreement or arrangement, this Statement shall prevail insofar as it relates to the protection of the data subject’s personal data.
Principles of Privacy
RIPER values your trust. RIPER is committed to the full implementation and compliance with the six data protection principles and the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486, Laws of Hong Kong) (the “Ordinance”). This statement is intended to assist you in understanding RIPER’s privacy policies and practices in relation to the personal data.
We pledge to safeguard your personal data by complying with the requirements of the Ordinance as well as the relevant codes of practice and guidance notes issued by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data. We will ensure that all our employees and third parties with permitted access to your personal data uphold these obligations.
Personal Data Collection
Personal data means any information relating to an individual from which the identity of the individual can be ascertained, directly or indirectly. We may collect the following data relating to you, which may be personal data from time to time, including but not limited to:
In addition, when you use RIPER website or services, we may automatically collect certain data which may, when combined with other information about you, be personal data, including but not limited to:
With your request or authorization, RIPER may additionally receive information about you from our business partners or co-branding partners or from credit reference agencies. RIPER may also obtain information about you from the public domain.
We may use the personal data collected for the purpose set out in the Personal Information Collection Statement (see below). The use and disclosure of personal data and your right to access or correct your personal data held by RIPER are also set out in the Personal Information Collection Statement (see below).
Cookies are small data files which are placed on data subject’s device when data subject visits RIPER’s website or clicks on RIPER’s online advertisements. Cookies or similar technologies are used for the purposes of (a) statistical analysis of your on-site behaviour such as number of visits to our site, page views, length of time spent on each page. These are aggregated and therefore anonymous; (b) provide enhanced user experience, remember your preference within our website, enable easy navigation between public section and member owner section of our web property; (c) promote personalized products using your visited pages, and the website links you have followed to (i) make RIPER’s website more relevant to your interests, (ii) provide online advertisements or offers on RIPER’s website or third-party websites which are most relevant to you; (iii) evaluate the effectiveness of RIPER’s online marketing and advertising programs.
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. Should you wish not to be tracked by this kind of technology, you can choose to “not accept” cookies by changing the settings on your web browser. However, if you block all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may not be able to use the RIPER website properly to the full extent.
Retention of Personal Data
We will take practical steps to ensure that your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that we will comply with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements concerning the retention of personal data.
We provide and maintain stringent security measures to protect RIPER’s system and information and personal data retained therein, including (a) use of OTP to authenticate users or customers; (b) use of firewalls and network segregation to protect against unauthorized access; (c) use of encryption to keep data subjects’ personal data private; (d) regular review of our information collection, use, storage and processing practices; (e) restriction of access of personal data to relevant employees on a “need-to-know” basis; and (f) employee training on proper handling of personal data.
It is imperative to remind you that your personal device security and general measure in handling your own personal and transactional digital data are equally important. In most cases, an imprudent transmission and handling of sensitive data such as confidential documents, password, personal identifiers, hashes, etc. would facilitate unauthorized access resulting in a data breach. We, hereby, remind you to be cautious when using RIPER’s website and handling your own sensitive documents and data.
Personal Information Collection Statement
Purpose of Collection
Use of Personal Data
4. The personal data of data subjects may be used by RIPER for:
Disclosure of Personal Data
5. All personal data held by RIPER will be kept confidential but RIPER may disclose or transfer such information to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph 4 above, without limitation:
Personal data collected in Hong Kong by RIPER may be transferred in and to a place outside Hong Kong.
6. RIPER intends to use data subject’s data to conduct direct marketing of products or services and requires the data subject’s consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
7. If you do not wish RIPER to use or provide to the other persons your data for use in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us via customer support.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
8. Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and the Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data (the “Code”), you have the right:
9. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, RIPER has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
10. You should send any requests for access to personal data or correction of personal data or for information regarding our policies and practices to customer service.
11. Nothing in this Notification shall limit the rights of the data subjects under the Ordinance.
12. In case of discrepancies between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.